Designed to provide a foundation for nursing informatics knowledge and skills required in today’s data-driven healthcare environment, this textbook Application of Nursing Informatics: Competencies, Skills, and Decision-Making (PDF) examines the impact and implementation of technology in nursing practice. Patient healthcare needs have only become more complex in a rapidly diversifying and aging population. Nurse Informaticists, as experts in improving healthcare delivery through data and technology, play a key role in ensuring quality and safety to patients. This textbook relies on nurses’ practical experience to foster higher-level critical thinking and decision-making for professional development in informatics and life-long learning.
Application of Informatics and Technology in Nursing Practice addresses the foundations of Nursing Informatics competencies, streamlined for the unique experience of practicing nurses. Organized around the framework of AACN Essentials of Baccalaureate Education, ANA Scope and Standards of Practice for Nursing Informatics, Institute of Medicine (IOM) Competencies, and Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) knowledge, skills, and attitudes (KSAs), this text features numerous case scenarios of real-life applications to engage the reader and reinforce content. Chapters cover informatics competencies, knowledge, and skills in a concise manner that recognizes the value of prior nursing experience and builds upon the reader’s existing knowledge-base.
- Instructor Ancillary Package is included
- Each chapter contains relevant critical thinking exercises, vignettes, and case studies
- Every chapter contains end-of-Chapter Learning Assessments: What Do You Know Now?
- Provides information and skills needed by nurses specific to a variety of healthcare settings
- Provides information needed for all nurses in order to advance professionally in the new discipline and specialty of Nursing Informatics.
NOTE: This sale only includes Application of Nursing Informatics: Competencies, Skills, and Decision-Making in PDF. No online codes or other resources come with this ebook.