Get ready for a career in Canadian health care with the only ebook of its kind! Written in a manageable, student-friendly style, Valerie Thompson’s Health and Health Care Delivery in Canada, 3rd Edition (PDF) makes it easy to comprehend the nation’s approach to health, wellness, and illness. Set complete within a Canadian context, this ebook includes the role of federal agencies and provincial governments, coverage of individual and population health, health care funding, and existing issues and future trends in health care. This latest new 3rd Edition (Canadian) includes the latest coverage on mental health care, Indigenous Peoples, the legalization of marihuana, palliative and end-of-life care (including MAID), and the COVID-19 pandemic (on Evolve). With improved online resources and updated review questions, it’s perfect for all Canadian students considering a career in health care!
- Case examples offer real-world scenarios related to the chapter content.
- Key Terms open every chapter and include page references for definitions.
- Review questions at the end of every chapter to test your comprehension of the material.
- NEW! The completely updated content in Think It Through and Case Example feature boxes.
- Chapter Summaries at the end of every chapter cover the main topics and their key takeaways.
- NEW! Did You Know? boxes provide real-life situations exemplifying content presented in the chapters.
- Thinking It Through questions ask you to critically reflect on key aspects of health and health care delivery.
- NEW! Discussions about current issues include the introduction of alternative and complementary health services in Canada, emergency preparedness, and e-mental health.
- NEW! Enhanced Evolve site including new TEACH lesson plans, updated and expanded Discussion Questions, Review Questions, and an introduction to the COVID-19 pandemic
- NEW! Improved organization of content introduces the responsibilities and role of federal, provincial, and territorial governments, in addition to those of agencies and practitioners earlier in the ebook.
- NEW! Expanded and updated coverage on health and legislative care changes regarding mental health care, Indigenous Peoples, palliative and end-of-life care (including MAID), the legalization of marijuana, and the COVID-19 pandemic (on Evolve).
Additional ISBNs: 978-1771721691, 978-1771721714, 1771721707, 978-1771721707, 9781771721707
All Our Prices Are In USD
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook Health and Health Care Delivery in Canada 3rd Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.
There are no reviews yet.