Meet today’s clinical challenges with the trusted authority in pathophysiology. Make the most of your pathophysiology course and master the knowledge to ensure clinical success. Trusted for more than thirty years and updated to reflect today’s nursing challenges, this engaging textbook, Porth’s Pathophysiology: Concepts of Altered Health States, 10th edition (ePub/PDF) makes complex concepts accessible and helps students confidently and easily grasp normal body function, the effects of disease on body systems, and the body’s ability to adapt and compensate. This Tenth edition also considers the many technological advances that allow healthcare providers to diagnose earlier and with more accuracy.
Highlights of the 10th Edition
- NEW! Concept Mastery Alerts explain topics that college students can find confusing.
- Review Exercises at the end of each chapter test your retention and identify areas for further study.
- Approximately 1,000 vibrant illustrations clarify the clinical manifestations of diseases and disease processes.
- “Chunked” content keeps you focused on the most critical information and helps you review salient points efficiently.
- An approachable presentation builds understanding from basic to advanced concepts and defines key terms as you progress.
- References provide fast, efficient access to normal laboratory values in both conventional and SI units, as well as a comprehensive glossary.
- Key Points boxes and In Summary sections reduce the need for memorization and help you incorporate important points into broader conceptual units.
- Unit-Opening Case Studies, which are revisited in one or more chapters in the unit, bring pathophysiology to life and equip you for success in clinical practice.
- NEW! Pediatric Considerations and Geriatric Considerations boxes in each chapter specify how the chapter content applies to these two special populations.
- Understanding boxes break physiologic processes and phenomena into their sequential parts, providing insight into the many opportunities for disease to disrupt the processes.
NOTE: This purchase only includes Porth’s Pathophysiology: Concepts of Altered Health States 10e in ePub format. A converted PDF is also included. No access codes included.
There are no reviews yet.